Friday, September 21, 2007

Google me!

I am proud to say that as of Wed., Sept. 19, 2007, when you google my name, the entire first page of results points to the real me - my blogs, my news stories, my Poynter comments, and my resume!

That first page is actually a very small piece of my online presence. None of my networking profiles appear. Not all of my blogs do either. And after almost three years writing news at the Colfax Record, there are no actual Colfax Record links listed at all.

I should chronicle the changes in my Google search results throughout my life. That would make for an interesting form of scrap book. I remember when my silly high school research projects were still links on the internet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anyone can be ranked personally on top of Google, 87% of Google’s content network, and Yahoo search when someone searches your name. You also gain a professional bio, online business cards and a bulletin. This has allowed me to become the easiest person to find on the planet - all I tell people is “Google Me Today!” and when they do, what I want them to find is me, right there. This is a cool tool for anyone that wants or requires an internet presents.

A friend of mine Just said “Google Me Today” I follow the link to his profile and then click on the globe atop his page…that’s what I did. Now you can “Google Me Today” Jim Cobb

Please feel free to share with those you know – tell them to “Google Me Today” and you will see that now anyone can exist on the internet.