Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Paying it forward

... To a classmate of mine whose blogs I enjoy, Michael Althouse. There are times when he expresses perfectly in words something I've only felt, or thought about, but never tried to express. Here is one of those blogs.

Magic is a fascinating fantasy. But the "Harry Potter"-type magic that Mike discusses is the kind that is really... easy. It's the people or inventions who can make mundane things sparkle that can truly weild magic.

There are many words for a good writer... Philosopher, author, storyteller, wordslinger. I think we can safely add one more: Wizard.

1 comment:

Michael K. Althouse said...

Thanks for the kind words, Lacey. That post you're referring to was a weird one - deep even for me!

I'm having a blast at the Record. Carol and Rene are fun to work with. I'll say this: If you ever need a reccommendation or a character reference, you couldn't do better than Carol, she absolutely adores you.

I'll be up in Colfax again today and tomorrow, but I have to register through Casper today at three. Have you figured out your schedule for next semester yet??

Take care,

Mike